Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GATEWAY LT2016U
n7bth

Have 8 LT2016U netbooks.  One has had a hard drive failure.  Verizon can not supply replacement.  Had to "upgrade".  Found a new hard drive and installed it.  Have no way to recover old XP operating system so installed another, unused, copy I have which installed OK using an external CD that the computer would recognize.  Problem now is that none of the device drivers installed and so I can not connect the computer to the internet using the Ethernet connection.  I need to recover the device drivers using another computer and put them on a USB stick so I can install them and get this unit online to register the copy of XP and do updates.  Any ideas on how I can do that would sure be appreciated.

PS, turns out the drive I bought cost $39.95.  The Verizon upgrade ended up costing the same to this was really not worth the cost but I am too far in to this to quit now.  Since I upgraded this unit however, I know the 3G is not going to work - thus needing to use the Ethernet connection.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: GATEWAY LT2016U
debroq

I realize it's been a year since you posted your message but just in case you never resolved your problem... If you have 8 LT2016U netbooks then why not just clone the drive from one of your other 7 and use that to reimage the new drive?  I recommend using Clonzilla which is free.

0 Likes