Gatway Timeout Error Only on Verizon?
Lorilaws

I'm using the USB720 modem. Since yesterday morning I have been getting a 504 gateway timeout error when trying to access my own website. Strange, huh? The thing is everyone else can see it fine, but I get the error every time. Using both the modem and my iPhone. I connected to a store's wifi yesterday and loaded my site fine. That makes it sound like an a problem with Verizon doesn't it? I have contacted my host site and they told me that it wasn't a problem on their end.  I'm very frustrated because I can't even access my dashboard or anything. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Gatway Timeout Error Only on Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lorilaws,

I understand your concerns regarding the 504 Gateway Timeout error. Please not that this is an HTTP status code that means that one server did not receive a response from another server that it was accessing while attempting to load the web page or fill another request by the browser. This usually means that a server is down or not working properly. Since you are able to access other websites the issue is not related to the USB720 device as it is providing access to the internet and other websites properly.

The 504 Gateway Timeout error is a network error between servers on the Internet and the problem is not with your PC or Internet connection(USB720). This issue cannot be resolved by troubleshooting your device.
Usually, refreshing the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button or trying the URL from the address bar again will/may resolve the issue.

Since the 504 Gateway Timeout error message is an issue with the web site's network or a server that it communicates with, trying to access this particular website at a later time will/may be successful.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
archerx

I too am getting this error from my droid incredible.  the site in question can be reached from alltel phones and pc's and tablets but not on verizon phones. 

0 Likes
online_stuff

I have been getting the 504 ERROR on some sites as well. I contacted support for one site I use consistently and they replied that "It is a problem with Verizion and out of our control".

They must be getting a lot of questions about it because I didn't tell them I was using Verizon.

I get this error on my Iphone my son's Droid and on my laptop  using Verizon's MIFI.the site works fine on a land based computer.

This is getting very annoying!

0 Likes
Lorilaws

Yes, I can load my site just fine on any other internet except Verizon. I've had a ticket open with tech support for over a week, to no avail.

0 Likes