GoDaddy smtpout.secureserver.net intermittently gets authentication 530 error with Verizon?
JODTN

smtpout.secureserver.net failing intermittenty about one month ago on all GoDaddy email addresses that has worked for about two years. The error returned is  Server Error=530, Server Response=530 authentication required, Server='smtpout.secureserver.net'. If I wait about a day or two it will start working but only for about half of a day. Neither GoDaddy or Comcast is willing to troubleshoot the problem. They just point fingers to each other. I have tried different ports, SSL, different GoDaddy accounts with no joy. Does anyone have any solution ideas?

0 Likes
Re: GoDaddy smtpout.secureserver.net intermittently gets authentication 530 error with Verizon?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It looks like you are trying to configure an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.  If so then please share with us the OS, application name and version.

Also, which mobile broadband device are you attempting to view/access these websites from?

0 Likes
Re: GoDaddy smtpout.secureserver.net intermittently gets authentication 530 error with Verizon?
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

I use the smtpout.secureserver.net with Godaddy and all works well with my Verizon Account.  Check your username password and ports

pop.secureserver.net

smtpout.secureserver.net

SMTP Port 25

FYI it could be a godaddy issue , techs at godaddy dont always have your best interest at heart.

0 Likes