HP Wireless Printing with MIFI 2200
racin8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched but didnt find anything...i currently have a USB 720 device but looked at the mifi 2200 but then got to wondering if my wireless printer would work if i connect to mifi wirelessly with laptop.  Does anyone know if this possible and how i can do it if it is?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HP Wireless Printing with MIFI 2200
racin8
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case anyone ever needs to know if you have one of these built in wireless printers....after you get your mifi on wireless put in your cd that came with the printer and go to network connections when the printer software tells you to connect the printer to computer via the usb cord you can put the wep key into the printer and have wireless printing on the mifi. At least that is working now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

If it's truly a wireless printer, it should work just as with any other router.

0 Likes
racin8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it truely wireless... i dont know but i do know i have nothing hooked to printer its a HP 6500 that i connect to through my laptop. I guess what i dont understand is if i connect to the mifi using the built in wireless on my laptop can i also have the wireless printer connected at the same time...meaning will two different wireless signals come in at the same time. From i remember seeing on a more conventional router set up is the printer either plugged in a linksys router or a print server was in the mix. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just looked at the on-line manual and it says you need a print server to connect to a network.  How are you currently printing from your laptop?  Are you using a USB cable or is the printer connected to your router or do you already have a print server?

0 Likes
racin8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess i should have said it is a hp 6500w it has built in wireless...it stands alone no cords or cable except power cord...it has built in wireless which is why i wondered if i can have it and the mifi wireless on at the same time. thanks again

0 Likes
racin8
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case anyone ever needs to know if you have one of these built in wireless printers....after you get your mifi on wireless put in your cd that came with the printer and go to network connections when the printer software tells you to connect the printer to computer via the usb cord you can put the wep key into the printer and have wireless printing on the mifi. At least that is working now.

0 Likes