Had alltel unlimited, to go 4g I lose unlimited?
rojoyinc

Is this right? I just got a 4620 jetpack and 4G and had to say good bye to unlimited.

Used 5gb up in 24 hurs. Upgraded to 10.  And afraid to use it.

Can't see usage because I can't get an account password. Sys it must be mailed. No not emailed...  Mailed as in U.S.

I thought this was a tech company?

Asked local rep for my pw... He can't see or change it.

Called support, they can't see or change it.

Called tech support they can't see or change it.

Complained on FB he said I'll pass this up the ladder.

While it's climbing the ladder... My usage is?  Where?  Climbing is all I know.

Dunno who, why or how much as I can't see my usage.

From unlimited no worries to this?

Been three days, still waiting for my pw in the mail.

0 Likes
Re: Had alltel unlimited, to go 4g I lose unlimited?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unlimited data plans for broadband devices on Verizon Wireless has been gone for some time. When they introduced the 4G data plans for those devices, Verizon Wireless stated that anyone with an unlimited 3G broadband data plan and upgrade to 4G LTE must choose a tiered plan. This was all announced at the end of 2010.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Birko

That's not accurate. unlimited data plans ended last summer '11 and if you had a smart phone you were "grandfathered" and did not lose your unlimited plan. There was no stipulation on 3G/4G.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Summer 2011 was when the unlimited smartphone data plan was discontinued. The unlimited mobile broadband data plan for USB modems, laptops and Mifi devices had been discontinued long before then. They are two different types of data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Birko

OK, was replying re: VW recent statement on ending unlimited plans this summer.

0 Likes