Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MIFI 6620L NOT reaching though the house? I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house....the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room to ro
connor11

Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MFI 6620L NOT reaching through the house?  I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house...the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room to room....pretty sure I'm going to return it unless I can figure something out...anyone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MIFI 6620L NOT reaching though the house?  I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house....the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room t
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks are not home router replacement devices.  They are not designed to cover more than a few feet away from where they are located.  If you are using a Jetpack as a normal home router replacement device then you are using the Jetpack outside of its design specs.

VZW has many other products and solutions that would be better suited to perform the duties of covering your entire home from one device.  For example the 4G LTE router, Internet Connected or a USB modem with a CradlePoint router.  Not only will these devices actually cover the space you are concerned about but they will perform better when left online 24x7 like a normal home router is expected to be.

The problem isn't the Jetpack, its how you intend to use it.

View solution in original post

Re: Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MIFI 6620L NOT reaching though the house?  I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house....the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room t
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks are not home router replacement devices.  They are not designed to cover more than a few feet away from where they are located.  If you are using a Jetpack as a normal home router replacement device then you are using the Jetpack outside of its design specs.

VZW has many other products and solutions that would be better suited to perform the duties of covering your entire home from one device.  For example the 4G LTE router, Internet Connected or a USB modem with a CradlePoint router.  Not only will these devices actually cover the space you are concerned about but they will perform better when left online 24x7 like a normal home router is expected to be.

The problem isn't the Jetpack, its how you intend to use it.

Re: Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MIFI 6620L NOT reaching though the house? I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house....the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room t
jeff_n_indiana

My 6620L has absolutely TERRIBLE wifi range. I had an older one (4620 maybe) before "upgrading" to the 6620L, I had no problem connecting anywhere in the house and could get a useable signal 150' away in my driveway.

The 6620L has to be in the same room or I'll lose connection. By same room, I mean not more than 15' away. I think I could get about the same range with my phone acting as a hotspot. I am using the 2.4 Ghz band. I tried the 5Ghz band, just in case there was some sort of interference. As expected, no improvement.

Very disappointed with the wifi side of the mifi. Still hoping for a firmware update to get it fixed.

jeff.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Did you try contacting VZW for support on this issue?  Its highly unlikely what you described here is a firmware flaw or fixable via software.  If there is a problem with your Jetpack then it would have to be hardware related and need to be replaced under warranty.  Give them a call if you haven't already and let us know what VZW says.

Re: Has anyone had trouble with the Jetpack MIFI 6620L NOT reaching though the house? I had an older jetpack that we would leave centrally located in the house and it reached everywhere in the house....the "upgraded" one is having to be moved from room t
Kratze

My new jetpack is also pretty horrible. I think it's too late for me to return it, but I'm beginning to sorely wish I had not downgraded to this slow, buggy, bad-as-dial-up mechanism.

0 Likes