Has anyone used with success the network extender with a satelite BB connecttion?
Deadzone
I am desperate for coverage.  I live in a no coverage area that spans about 3 miles.  I need a signal for work.  I cannot get DSL or Cable.  I have Wildblue right now.   It's slower than DSL but at least we can download videos and music!!  I need cell service my job depends on it...  Has anyone had any success connecting to satelite broadband ?
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone used with success the network extender with a satelite BB connecttion?
JoeM845

I have not tried a satellite connection, but I expect that you would have a very poor experience if you even got a connection.

I put a sniffer on the Extender to determine what had to make it through the router (Verizon Tech Support knows very little other than port numbers). Once the connection is established, there is extremely chatty traffic on port 500. Satellite connections have high latency and do poorly with back and forth conversations. They do best with longer sequences of traffic inbound to your computer. The extender deals with  short packets in alternating directions. This is about the worst traffic profile for a satellite connection.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone used with success the network extender with a satellite BB connection?
Deadzone
Thanks.  You assumed right.  I bought one and tried it with no success.  It's great they have a 30 day, no worry, return policy. I was able to return for a full refund and no fuss. I still have my deadzone problem.  Any suggestions? Anyone?
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone used with success the network extender with a satellite BB connection?
ColdnFrosty
You might try something like a zBoost repeater with a Yagi antenna pointing at the nearest tower. If you can get line of sight on a mast, you might be in luck.
0 Likes