Have to reset before computers find signal.
mc_hudd

OK, here's my problem:  I just got the MIFI2200 last Saturday & so far I love it!  I also purchased a new laptop so I can "compute" elsewhere.  :smileyhappy:  I have an older desktop that I had to buy a wireless card for, so now both computers are WIFI capable.  BUT, I have been leaving the MIFI plugged into an outlet so it's always on and when I try to find WIFI using either computer they can't find anything.  I have to either unplug the MIFI and completely turn it off or just hold in the power button for a couple of seconds so the status light blinks before either computer can find WIFI.  After that things are A-OK until I disconnect, I usually have to perform the previous steps again to reconnect.  Any suggestions to fix this?  It's not that big of a deal, but kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

PS~  Desktop running WinXP w/ TrendNet USB wireless connector (?)

Laptop running WinVista w/ built-in wireless card.

0 Likes
Re: Have to reset before computers find signal.
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

Download the latest firmware release (just came out yesterday).

The MiFi might be in sleep mode.  You can change it to not sleep at all.  In  a browser, go to 192.168.1.1 and change the defaults.  Go to Advanced, Power, and set it to "Never".  Click Apply.

0 Likes
sharonfromva

When I go to 192.168.1.1 in any of my browsers it asks for a password. When i try to put in the one on the back of the Mifi or any of the other passwords we have used, it tells me it's an invalid password. There are NO options for changing anything on that page, HELP!!

0 Likes
mc_hudd

Thanks for your reply Dave.  I actually changed that setting before I posted this, but @ that time it didn't seem to be doing any good.  After a couple of days however, the problem was fixed & I haven't had to "reset" my MIFI since (knock on wood!).  I don't suppose not letting it go to sleep will hurt anything will it?

I thought the generic password to log into the HTTP site was "admin", but I could be wrong... Maybe you could give it a shot.

Thanks again!

Shannon :smileyhappy:

0 Likes