Having all kinds of speed problems
FA65

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I download the new VZAccess Manager and installed my UM175 modem. Right now no matter how many bars I have. Be it 1 or all I get the exact same speeds. My upload speeds more than double my download speeds. Download is roughly 155 and upload around 300. I don't know what else I can do. On my old computer running Vista my download speeds were more than 3 times what I get now. Anyone have any clue what else I can do? This is so frustrating..

0 Likes
Re: Having all kinds of speed problems
firecrackergerl

go to your start menu and find your internet explorer. right click over it and run as admin. then go to speedtest.verizon.net , run the speedtest. at the end it will say you are either optimized or not.  run the optimizer for windows7. restart your computer then run the speed test on the speedtest.verizon.net. at the bottom. click on "analysis". your client receive window (download) should be at a million and 4. You can find out what yours is in the analysis under the "web100" portion. also the send buffer is your upload. also you can go to speedguide.net and select broadband, broadband tools, sg tcp/ip analyzer.  the Default TCP Receive Window (RWIN) = should be million 4 to get 20m download. this should take care of the issue you are having with the download speed. if not, then you will need to check your adapter. wired or wireless... if the adapter is not set up right or not capable, you wont get the download speeds. {edit}. i hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Having all kinds of speed problems
FA65

Thank you for the reply. The optimizer didn't work.  It did change the settings but my speeds were still really low.  Thank you again for trying to help. I'm at a loss of what to do.  Love my new laptop.....but not so much anymore.

0 Likes