Having problem accessing only one website. www.myvipselect.com. Using HP Chromebook,w/Chrome 39.0 browser. Connection times out. Chrome suggests maybe firewall problem. Only occurs one that one website.
Tsaulsbury

What is this? To repeat. Connection to 1 website always times out, won't connect. HP Chrome book and Chrome 39.0 browser suggest maybe a firewall or anitvirus problem. How can I see firewall settings?

0 Likes
Re: Having problem accessing only one website. www.myvipselect.com. Using HP Chromebook,w/Chrome 39.0 browser. Connection times out. Chrome suggests maybe firewall problem. Only occurs one that one website.
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Lets start by identifying which VZW device you are using.  Please confirm the model number for us so we can understand what kind of problem you could be having.  Or are you referring to a VZW netbook/tablet?

The actual VZW firewall that mobile broadband devices on the 4G LTE network rest behind is not accessible to the public. VZW doesn't make changes to the firewall that gets automatically applied to most accounts.  Work arounds and exceptions to that rule are available. 

0 Likes
Re: Having problem accessing only one website. www.myvipselect.com. Using HP Chromebook,w/Chrome 39.0 browser. Connection times out. Chrome suggests maybe firewall problem. Only occurs one that one website.
Tsaulsbury

Device I'm using is a Verizon Jetpack Mi-Fi- Hot Spot 5510L. Using a HP

Chromebook that only operates on a Wi-Fi- connection to access internet.

Have problems with cellphone also. Have contacted customer service at

website but haven't heard from them. Three diff browers on cell phone won't

connect either.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM, John Getzke <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for confirming that you are working with a 5510 Jetpack.

I tried connecting to this site on my 4510L Jetpack and was unable to access it.  I then googled the URL and saw that it is a https:// site and tried again, same problem.  I then connected to my alternative broadband connection outside of the VZW network and tried again, same results.  Its starting to sound like there is a problem with the site you want to navigate to.  I did a lookup on this domain and found many references suggesting it is inactive.  Google cant even find it.

Double check your sources and contact the owner to see if you have been given the correct URL or not.

0 Likes
Tsaulsbury

OK. Have to go thru their customer services on phone. Found an online test

to test ports. It said port 80 and port 443 seem to be blocked. Remembered

seeing this mentioned in connectivity tests Chrome runs when it has

problems connecting. Will update if get problem resolved. Thanks for your

help. Funny aside - did Google search for website and this appears there!

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM, John Getzke <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What test did you happen to run? 

Port 80 is for http.  Port 443 is for https.  If both of these ports are getting blocked then you shouldn't be able to navigate to any website on the Jetpack.  You must have targeted your port test at something more specific.  If the website is currently offline like I suspect it is then that would explain why port 80 and port 443 access to the site are blocked (because its not actually available in the first place).

Not sure how you are able to Google this website.  I have tried 3 different networks and cannot find it active on any of them.  Sure doesn't look like it exists as you typed it to me.

0 Likes
Tsaulsbury

Just Google searched website again. www.myvipselect.com had over 1300

matches. Website is for a prepaid debit card. Website ISP is Galieo

Processing in Salt Lake City,UT. Will call debit card customer service

after lunch.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM, John Getzke <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Tsaulsbury

Called tech support at cust svcs number. Just filled out a ticket!! Got

curious waiting. I believe problem was DNS resolutions. Attachments show

what I found. Two good websites: intoDNS.com and dsnviz.net suggested by

Google. The Connectivity Diagnostics pops up on my Google Chromebook when

connection times out.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Thomas Saulsbury <

0 Likes