Home Fusion- Tiered data plans gone?
Cedius

I recently (this week) added Home Fusion to my account in hopes of removing two mifi jetpack cards.  I looked today and saw that the Home Fusion had a plan of its own, 10 GB, and with no way to extend this without adding it into the pool of Share Everything.  I talked to a rep today and he informed me that there were no longer Home Fusion tiered plans, and that everything is Share Everything.  When did this happen? I guess I have been out of the loop. 

Also am sad that I lost my unlimited data when it first happened.  All my coworkers use it as hotspots and pull 80-100gb, and I'm struggling to keep throttled down my 16gb!

btw, new here! Hai!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Fusion- Tiered data plans gone?
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Home Fusion Broadband plans:

$60 for 10GB

$90 for 20GB

$120 for 30GB

These are single line for HFB and do not need to be attached to the S/E plan, however the HFB can be connected to it, with a line access of $20 a month.

Message was edited by: William

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Home Fusion Broadband plans:

$60 for 10GB

$90 for 20GB

$120 for 30GB

These are single line for HFB and do not need to be attached to the S/E plan, however the HFB can be connected to it, with a line access of $20 a month.

Message was edited by: William

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Cedius

the Verizon rep I talked to last night would not extend my home fusion package past 10 gigabytes. he told me that I just needed to add the home fusion to  my share everything because they were doing away with the tiered data packages for the home fusion. he said there was no way to go past the 10 gigabyte limit for the home fusion.

so did this guy just not know what he was talking about?

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

Tell him he's an idiot and not looking hard enough. I promise you that

they're available.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I got the following screenshot from THIS page on Verizon's website.

Note the statement "Or add HomeFusion Broadband to your existing Share Eveything Plan with 10 GB of data or more for only $20/month"

That "OR" in the statement would certainly lead someone to believe that you didn't have to add it to your Share Everything plan, ESPECIALLY since the data cost on the Share Everything Plan is significantly higher than the data cost on the stand alone HomeFusion Plan. (30 GB for $225/month on Share Everything vs 30 GB for $120/month on the standalone HomeFusion Plan.)

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Likes
Cedius

Thanks guys.  I appreciate all of your input.  I also read the fine print stating "%50 percent more data the first two months."  I hope that is a legit message as well, because I'd hate to get overages the first month.

0 Likes
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

It is a legit promo, so if your on 10 you actually get 15, but it scales up

with each plan. So 20gb is actually 30.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cedius,

My apologies for the misinformation that has been provided! Providing the most accurate plans is definitely extremely important. The good news is, we do have higher allowances. Were you able to adjust your plan to a higher allowance? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes