Home Fusion disconnecting every night @ 7:30pm
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just had the Home Fusion installed 4 days ago. Every night it disconnects at 7:30 and reconnects 7 - 8 minutes later. Is this some type of routine maintenance or something? Seems rather coincidental.

EDIT

Just disconnected again at 9:47pm - back up at 10:00pm

I went thru this crap with Wild Blue. Looks like this product isn't any better.

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion disconnecting every night @ 7:30pm
gavin1066

There's currently several threads with people reporting issues with the Home Fusion service.

Most seem to be reporting a firmware issue in the cantenna dating back to August .

I've also noticed my connection drops dramatically and comes backup after a few minutes.

Sometimes I need to toggle the power on the Home Fusion system as it locks up.

However, before and after the disconnect my connection was high speed with low latency (sub 80ms gaming).

In the evenings, it seems to happen once or twice and always several hours apart.

I admit I live on the edge of a 4G footprint and get 2-4 bars, but this does seem to be a hardware/firmware issue.

It makes VOIP impossible due to complete unreliability and online gaming a little frustrating at times.

I really hope they resolve this issue soon.

0 Likes
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for replying.

Yeah...I started looking at some of the other posts. That's what I'm experiencing too. Same firmware version. The cantenna lights are BOTH solid green when this happens, so that makes me think it is router related.

It's too bad there isn't a way we could force a 'downgrade' in cases like this. I went thru this with DirecTV and one of their TiVo firmware upgrades a few years ago. I'm hoping Verizon learns a lesson here, and doesn't let an upgrade out before it's ready. Or at least give us the option of rolling back to an earlier version. HF is still in it's infancy and things should get better.

It's disappointing and will keep me from recommending to some of my neighbors; at least for the time being and until Verizon gets a handle on their quality control.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

No hope this been going on now come december 4 months HF isn't going far unless fixed very soon. this beta product may be finished.

Like i said in other thread i think it's sad verizon hasn't stopped sales of HF until fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scott21, I regret to see that you've been experiencing this issue for so long without any resolution. Have you previously contacted technical support to have a trouble ticket submitted for this issue? That would be the next step so that our network team can further investigate the connection drops and document the issue.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Yup there working on it. i can at least get 5 days now before drop so i hope there close to fixing this.

0 Likes
MADempsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it helps, I have a case open (Let me know if you need the case#) since the 21st of March.  Connection is dropping about once an hour.  My code level and logs have been submitted.  I THINK that they are being examined and that a fix is pending.  Many MANY inquiring minds want to know. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MADempsey wrote:

If it helps, I have a case open (Let me know if you need the case#) since the 21st of March.  Connection is dropping about once an hour.  My code level and logs have been submitted.  I THINK that they are being examined and that a fix is pending.  Many MANY inquiring minds want to know. 

Please don't post the ticket number on the public forum. It is considered personal information and as such isn't allowed here because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MADempsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another odd anomaly.....  The drops (almost) always have the same last digit in the timestamp.  For example: 9:11 10:31 11:21  12:11 1:01

Yesterday it was on the 8's.

This can't be environmental.  Something is triggering the failure.  Something that is time-sensitive or aware.

0 Likes
MADempsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually the failure is exactly 50 minutes apart. 

0 Likes