Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY
BillH442

I don't know if they have changed anything but I had an issue a couple days ago where no matter what I did, I couldn't get HF service back. All the while my phone had 4G service. This time the tech said to unplug everything and wait one minute. Then plug just the Cantenna in and wait 2 minutes, then plug the router in. After doing that, service came back and has not dropped since. The 4G light continues to blink yellow instead of green but everything works.

If this doesn't work, I'm thinking of placing my router inside a pentagram of salt and sacrificing stinkbugs on it. Seems as likely to work as anything else!

0 Likes
catkin

Hey!

I'm in Missouri, 65632. I got HomeFusion in August and the installer said the signal was great.  2 months later, it started degrading. Currently, it's amber all the time, although I have a connection MOST of the time. I've been reading this thread and am going to take some of the actions listed.

I have to say, Techs Juan, Sam and Terrill were great; but Victor, who closed out my tag, took the easy way out. Said my area was just marginal and that's what I'm going to get for full price. Lump it. Wasn't marginal in August and September!

How do we get them to upgrade?  The BBB? Facebook?  A contract should go both ways.

Any ideas? And has your connection gotten better?

0 Likes
gavin1066

My Home Fusion connection just got a lot worse...

Since Thursday afternoon, Feb 7th, I've been unable to receive a 4G signal.

Yet, I am able to get a strong 3G signal and voice on a Verizon smart phone and a ST Home Phone inside the house.

The snow storm did not affect my location of central VA.

I've had Home Fusion since July 19th 2012, and from day one it has been disconnecting multiple times daily.

The 3G smart phone and ST Home phone are far more reliable...

Updates:-

Feb 7: 4G signal dead...

Feb 11: 4G connection finally came back on Monday evening, but weak signal of 1/5 bars.

Feb 12: 4G signal dead again Tuesday morning....

Feb 13: 4G signal came back just before midnight on Wednesday, with 4/5 bars.

Feb 15: 4G signal still up and a constant 4 bars, but still experiencing the random disconnects.

I'm happy to have the 4G signal back, but the constant disconnects with 4 out of 5 bars of signal strength is pathetic.

Plus, it seems very shady to continue to offer HomeFusion, especially as a reliable internet connection, with this known issue!

0 Likes
BillH442

Well, my HF is down again and refuses to come back up. But in calling support yesterday, they confirmed that a software patch is scheduled for the "end of the month or the first of next month". Let's hope it solves some of these issues.

0 Likes
BillH442

Well, 2nd day with no HF service. New router wasn't delivered today as promised. Called Assurion (yea - I bought the service contract) and was told that it normally takes 2-3 DAYS to PROCESS the order. I guess they don't know about things called computers at Assurion, and carrier pigeons are more reliable - at least more reliable than Home Fusion!

Anyway, I guess I'm going to be down for a few more days. I doubt the router is even the issue. Lights continue to blink green on router but Cantenna light is solid red. Surprisingly it actually connects every now and then for a minute or two.

0 Likes
gavin1066

There should be two lights on the cantenna. The "Coax Network" light representing the connection between the cantenna and the router. While the "Link Quality Indicator", LQI, light  representing the 4G/LTE connection.

During the week my Home Fusion connection was down, the LQI light was solid red while the "Coax" light was solid green. The 4G/LTE light on the router seems almost meaningless...

Most likely the blood from the stinkbugs has shorted out your router, or it's salt corrosion.

0 Likes
BillH442

We have an abundance of stinkbugs here for sure, but no salt water for hundreds of miles.

Yes, the Coax light on the Cantenna is solid green and the LQI is solid red. But I can stand 15 feet below the Cantenna and see 4 bars of 4G service on my phone, so whatever is going on seems unrelated to the signal from the tower. This morning it was working with nothing being done, but the LQI is still red. Very odd.

0 Likes
b55driver

Welcome to March... and no fix yet.  I lose connection in South Central VA twice a day requiring HBA reboot and have several more smaller interruptions each day.  I also have the file download corruption that has been mentioned for months on this thread.  Installation was mid-July.  Repeated PDN events, ME PDN ACT 1 - state 9 (0).

Looking forward to a fix soon... please!

0 Likes
briens

This has gotten progressively more and more frustrating. I am about at the end of my rope now. I was dropping for ~15 minutes every 2 days for for most of this month (when I started actually tracking the drops). As of this week it has been more than 1 per day, and in the last 12 hours it has now dropped 3 times, with the latest being for over 20 minutes, even with a reboot of the HBA.

I really hope that Verizon and the vendor are working hard to get a fix for this. I am quite prepared to move my ~$300/month away from Verizon if things don't change soon.

0 Likes
jonusko

I have 139 events like that in my log, but my service has only dropped 3 times since Feb 16th. which show up as "Forced IMS disconnection (0)" in the log. I am actually fearful of the planned patch because I don't want my service to degrade like others on this forum. I have poor reception and relatively good service which is thousands of times better than my previous satellite service. If I had the issues that others are experiencing, I would have to switch back to satellite since I work from home and need a reliable internet connection. When they push that patch out, they better be 100% sure it fixes the connection issues and does not cause any regression.

0 Likes