HomeFusion Broadband for a semi-mobile "HD streaming video" user?
MKANET

I currently signed up for 20GBs/month plan for my 890L wifihotspot.  For an ipad/PC user, that's not really enough for watching streaming HD videos (even when limiting yourself to only 5 TV shows or so a week).  It looks like Verizon offers a HomeFusion Broadband device; which might be more appropriate for an ipad or a PC.  However, I dont see any prices for it; and, it appears to be advertised for people's residence.

I was hoping someone has tried using the HomeFusion Broadband for their Internet service; and, knows the limitations Verizon has placed on this device.  Maybe it can be used for travel?  Or, exceptions can be made so it's not restricted in one place?  Maybe there's a better plan for mobile users who watch HD videos?

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion Broadband for a semi-mobile "HD streaming video" user?
Not applicable

HomeFusion uses an antenna attached to your house. So no it's not for travel. Pricing is slightly better.

10 GB $60 per month

20 GB $90 per month

30 GB $120 per month.

overage $10 per GB.

30 GB isn't better better for streaming. Honestly for people that don't have access to cable or DSL the choices you have are limited to bad and really bad.

0 Likes
MKANET

Thanks for the quick reply!  Actually, 30GB's per month is just about right for what I need; certainly better than 20GBs.  Yes, I also saw that it said something about attaching an antenna to the side of the house.  However, I'm curious if that's meant for people that live in the boonies that don't have good signal.  I have minimum 3bars of signal on my 890L hotspot without needing any antenna at all.  It would be good to know if anyone has tried using this device while mobile.  I dont see how it would differ from any other 4G LTE networked device.

I would like to know if there's any limitations other than that requires someone to keep this device at any specific street address.  I saw also something about needing access to 911; which, I have access to no matter where I am.

EDIT:  I just saw a picture of what the antenna looks like.  Holy cow.  LOL.  Is that used to contact a satellite on mars or something?  I dont need an antenna like that to use my 890L hotspot; and, have a very stable signal; even while driving.  I wonder if that's just part of VZW's wireless "in home broadband" marketing package.

antenna-LOL.jpg

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

HomeFusion is not mobile, it is installed by a professional and attached to your house.  It is a high powered amplifier and antenna system designed for high and stable useage, much more powerful than your 890L.  That is the limitation.

Part of any phone numbered device is GPS requirement for 911 service calls.  Something needs to talk to the service provider to route emergency calls to the proper local authorties.  HomeFusion is no exception to the rule.  However, the 911 requirement is not going to limit you from tearing it off your house and installing it in another location.

Let us know if you have more questions.

0 Likes
MKANET

Hmm... Yes, that's what a read too when I looked it up on Google.  I was just curious if the device is designed to not work at all unless the external amp/antenna is connected (even for areas with good signal).  Im guessing only someone who owns one might be able to confirm this.

0 Likes