HomeFusion Slows down every night nearly exact same time
E2Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had HomeFusion for several months and most of the time and very happy with ti. I have the occasional drops, but it recycles or I recycle it and it comes back fine generally.  However, I what I don't understand is why my speed drops to nearly non-existent every night between 8:00-and 10:00.  I understand that this is probably peak hours of usage, but it is like clockwork and makes the system virtually unusable at times.  My download speeds generally drop into the 0.25 - 0.5 range while my upload speeds remain around 4-5 mbps.  I do a good bit of skying with my system and you can well imagine that it is troubleseom at these speeds.

Does anyone else experience this same thing?  Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it.  At peak, I can get 12 mbps or greater out of the system, so it the slow down is pretty extreme comparitivley.

Thanks

Re: HomeFusion Slows down every night nearly exact same time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello E2pilot!

I want you to get the best speeds all the time! Let's look into this a bit closer OK? You mentioned that the speeds slowed down at about the same time each night. Is this something new, or has it shown to be an ongoing issue for you? Does this happen every single day, or just some days? Please supply any additional information you have, especially if you notice any patterns. For example, does it happen on the weekdays but not the weekends? Let's get to the bottom of this!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
E2Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Christina, thanks for responding.  Each night, starting around 8 but worst around 9, the speed drops off nearly completely.  I also notice that the outside cantena connection light keeps cycling between red and green during this time.  This is very consistent, it happens every night of the week.

Thanks,

Stephen Hamilton

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is very interesting that it happens nightly during a certain time. We must look into it further, E2Pilot. When you get a chance, I do want you to reboot the HomeFusion before 8PM
http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/53346/

Once that is done, please test the speeds/connection.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
E2Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tamara,

This image is a log of the speeds of my HomeFusion form tonight.  I also compared it to my MiFi Card.  I have indicated the times and the state of the lights on the outside cantina.  After the reboot, it continued to flash between blue and red until late in the evening when it finally went steady green.  This is consistent with what I am seeing every night.  ThanksHomeFusionSpeeds.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing such great detail, @2Pilot! That gives us a far better idea what you're experiencing. I'd like to have a look at coverage in your specific area. Please follow these instructions so that we can communicate via Direct Message: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

E2Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Dion, completed that yesterday, look forward to hearing from you all Smiley Happy

0 Likes