HomeFusion stopped working, but Jetpack still connects?
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is Memorial Day weekend and we live near a popular lake with lots of weekend traffic.  We just got HomeFusion a week ago and everything has been working splendid, until yesterday.  I can see where we are connected to the router, it says it's connected to the net, but nothing will load.  I thought that maybe the high load of traffic is overloading the tower. But I plugged in our jetpack that we still have and I'm able to connect with no issues.

Yes, I've unplugged and replugged the router.  I have not changed any router settings since it was installed. All the lights on the router are green. I tried running a direct lan line to my pc and the issue still persist.

I'm reluctant to call Customer Support because of issues I've heard of wait times and some service reps not even knowing what HF is.

Is this possibly a high traffic issue being a holiday weekend? If so, then why can I connect with the jetpack?  We are planning to cancel our jetpack service, so this issue happening less then a week into our service is alarming.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion stopped working, but Jetpack still connects?
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI, this is not just a pc issue. My Kindle and wife's laptop both show a connection to the wireless router, but no internet access. And all where working fine on Friday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this mrlegoman! Try rebooting the router via the visuals here http://vz.to/1jY1lST and if unsuccessful complete the reset in the same link. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

TB,

Thanks for helping out. FYI, as of Tuesday morning (the day after Memorial Day) we regained net access. Aside from unplugging the router a couple times on Saturday, I've done nothing else.  As I mentioned, all the lights on the router was green.  Both lights on the can where solid green.  I logged into the admin page and it said I had good signal strength and connections.  So for some reason, we just could not access the net for three solid days over a holiday weekend through HF, but we could access it through the jetpack. Since all out hardware shows green, I can only assume we were being blocked on the server side.  If there any way to check this out?

So I'm stuck on where to go from here.  We were getting ready to cancel the jetpack service because we're over the 10 day trial for the HF.  There is no point is keeping both.  But are we going to lose our HF service every weekend during our high traffic summer season?

Thanks again for taking your time to work with me on this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrlegoman We surely want you to have the best service in your home. We want to make sure that our devices are functioning properly. Have we checked the area to determine coverage? What's your zip code?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 24121

In the admin page, my signal strength is 4 bars out of 5.  The can is mounted by our electric meter on the ground floor. I've wondered if mounting it higher would help give us that 5th bar.  The tech said because our house is in a valley surrounded by trees, the extra 20 feet of height would not make a difference.

As I mentioned before, during the blackout,  all our lights are green and the admin page said we where connected. So everything I've researched and read points to a server side issue. Aside from calling the generic CS number, there seems to be no other way to report the outage.

Anyway, our service has been operational all week. We just had the three day blackout over the holiday weekend.  As we approach another busy weekend, I will update on our service status.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, mrlegoman. It's important that if you are expereincing issues that we lift these up so we can get them resolved. I'm glad your service is now working properly. Please keep us updated if anything changes.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last weekends service was uninterrupted.  Was online Saturday night and briefly Sunday night. No new issues to report.

0 Likes