Homefusion 5+ GB data usage in minutes
joe_dirt851

I can't seem to find an explanation on the usage, so I'm posting this.

Yesterday (the 14th) was the first day of our new month cycle.  Around 3pm CST I checked the data usage and it was < 0.10 GB.  At 4:30pm I received a text message that I had used 50% of my data plan.  I immediately went to the my verizon website and sure enough it showed 5+GB used.  The last data log entry was 10:07 AM  and showed 0.05GB.  I have checked multiple times today (the 15th) to monitor the usage and see an additional 1+GB was used, but the data log was not updated.  Finally I just checked and I see a new entry for 10/14 at 4:07PM with a value of 6.17GB used.

I live in a rural area with farm fields and wilderness on all sides and the nearest neighbor .25 miles away.  I only have 1 computer on the network.  I don't have netflix or any other streaming service.  I don't have any large file transfers going on.  How can I tell what sucked down that much bandwidth?  I can't get through to a customer service person because the tech support (800-922-0204) voice menu won't let me get to a person.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Homefusion 5+ GB data usage in minutes
Not applicable

What OS are you using?

0 Likes
joe_dirt851

I am using MacOS 10.9.5

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry I don't anything about Macs so I cant help you there. You might want to check to make sure any auto-updates or or auto syncing are not turned on.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Q: How can I tell what sucked down that much bandwidth?

A: You cant, at least on your own.  In order to see exactly what happened with your data you need to have data monitors setup and running to capture the traffic.  VZW has the real data usage logs but will not release them to anyone without a court order.  That means you are on your own to determine how your data is being consumed.  The only way to know is to setup a monitor and then look back through your personal logs.

0 Likes
joe_dirt851

Thanks!

I kind of guessed this was the way it was.  Thanks for your input

0 Likes