Homefusion connection issues
offgrid

For the past few weeks I have had to reboot my homefusion antenna/router 3 to 4 times before getting a good connection. I have a solar powered home so I unplug both the router and antenna when they are not in use. When I look at the system logs I keep seeing this:

sock_socket: failed bind() for ip 127.0.0.1 port 11010: Address already in use

(also see attached screenshot)

Can anyone make sense of these logs? I have had the service since September of 2012. I have already had to replace the equipment once ($150 out of my pocket) and I am not too excited about calling up verizon again. Is it normal to have equipment issues multiple times within the first year of service? Thanks in advance for the insight.

0 Likes
Re: Homefusioonnection issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi offgrid,

We want to make sure your HomeFusion device is working well for you! Did this happen both with the first one and the current one you have? Just to clarify, are you concerned about these logs because the device isn't working? Please elaborate so we can help.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
offgrid

Hello ElizabethE_VZW,

Thank you for your response.

The first time that this happened I had to reboot the router and antenna a few times each morning in order to get a connection. Eventually, it would not connect and a technician came to my home and replaced the equipment which fixed the issue.

Now in the past two weeks or so I have had to repeatedly reboot the antenna and router to get a connection. Once I am connected then it is fine until I unplug the system (solar powered house).

The issue that I am having is that it takes an average of 45 minutes to an hour each morning to get the internet connection.

I attached the screenshot of the logs because (as I stated) I would like to know if the answer to the issue is in the logs and if so can someone help me fix the issue?

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details offgrid. It would seem that since you are disconnecting your service each day to conserve power and usage, the start up can take some time due to all the connections it needs to make to our network. When your device was first replaced, was it having these delayed starts? In addition, what types of devices are you connecting to the HomeFusion? We want to make sure there is nothing interfering with service. Thanks for your time and patience.

-PeterV_VZW

0 Likes
offgrid

When the device was first replaced I had no problems whatsoever connecting. It used to be that I would plug in the antenna, then the router and within about 3-5 minutes all the lights were green.

I am using Mac laptop to connect.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the info offgrid. We appreciate all of it. Did this just recently start happening? What type of weather is the cantenna in? Have you had poor weather this winter? We look forward to your response.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
offgrid

Hello RobinD_VZW,

As I stated in my original post:"For the past few weeks I have had to reboot my homefusion antenna/router 3 to 4 times before getting a good connection." That was around the same time of the last Firmware update (20.9.49.300.50) Jan. 21 2014.

So this has been happening (out of the blue) for 26 days and counting.

This happens regardless of good or bad weather. It happens every time I plug the antenna and router in.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

offgrid, thanks for these details. Perhaps factory resetting your device will improve the performance of your device. Try this http://vz.to/1h1RozI and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
offgrid

Thanks for your suggestion..

I have reset the factory defaults multiple times with no improvement.

Any other ideas? Is it possible that the tower that I connect to is having problems?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following up. I appreciate the insight. I'd be happy to take a look into the coverage. Could you please provide your zip code as a general reference. I notice that you provide the firmware in an earlier post. What software verison is currently running on the device? Current Verision; WM300-V11b/ BHR 300.50; HSG: 8.8.H.L

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes