Homefusion not available
jkaufman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live outside of Tyler, TX and even though homefusion is advertised in all of the Tyler stores it is still unavailable here. Apparently there is not an installer to put it in. Why does Verizon advertise a service that they cannot provide? Also why can't they offer a self install option?

0 Likes
Re: Homefusion not available
Trex99

I am in the same boat, living outside of Bloomington, IL.  I was all excited when the announcement came out that HomeFusion was available nation wide and went to my Verizon store to sign up.  I spent about 2 hours at the store but for my zip code no installer was available so they could not order the system for me.  Supposedly, I am on a list and when an installer becomes available I will be notified.  I wish that I could get the same price and data package through their wireless broadband service.  I made my own "HomeFusion" setup about a year ago, using a UML290 modem plugged into a Cradlepoint MBR95 Router and the modem plugged into an outdoor yagi antenna.  Works great but I would like the better pricing and data plan offered through HomeFusion.

0 Likes
Re: Homefusion not available
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

HomeFusion is a home mounted amplifier and antenna system.  I'm sure the liability is too high to encourage users to install the equiptment on thier own at this time.

Give it some time. VZW is trying to ensure that these pilot areas are installed correctly and under insured install experts to make sure the new service is a success.  Someone local will jump on the opportunity to become a trained install expert if they haven't already done so. 

0 Likes