Hotspot won't accept facebook
Jeanann

I can get any website I want on my hotspot. but it will not get facebook.  As of yesterday June 2 early afternoon,  I was able to get in then two hrs later I went to get in and it will not get in to facebook. it says internet explorer can not display webpage  I clicked on diagnose problem and got no where.  why is this?I did not do anything different to my computer, no new programs or updates.  I called Verizon yesterday when this happened and they put in a trouble report. the man said he would get back to me with updates and so far nothing.  I have tried to call Verizon many times today and get the recording that they are experiencing a lot more calls than usual.  so why can''t you have on your website a post that there is a problem and you are working on it so I know something is being done.  right now I am very, very upset with Verizon and don't understand what is going on.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspot won't accept facebook
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you to the other community members for your replies. Please click here to download Hotspot Shield. This may resolve the issue you have described regarding connecting to Facebook. 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JayBoss
Im actually having the exact same problem. It worked briefly last night for maybe five minutes, but since then nothing. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
XsiveIdling

if you're a little savy when it comes to computers you can try changing your dns server to say....8.8.8.8 (thats one of the google dns servers) and see if that works.  Also I would suggest trying to ping facebook.com.  I have a samsung hotspot and I've not had any issues with facebook....whether it be the app on my ipod or the actual page on my laptop.

0 Likes
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Which hospot? Works with my Novatel MiFi 4510l.
0 Likes
bluevioletfour

I've called 611, pushed 0 and have a live person to talk to.  As of this evening, "They are still working on solving the problem, and don't have an estimated time of when it will be solved." 

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you to the other community members for your replies. Please click here to download Hotspot Shield. This may resolve the issue you have described regarding connecting to Facebook. 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes