How can I get help with my data transfer issues?
Lbuggy

When someone has data transfer issues with VZW for several years and they do not address the problems even after the problems were documented to be theirs, what recourse does the customer have?  Every time my data transfer problems are brought to their attention, I get the same answer that the problem is my location or signal strength.  I won't go into the technical details here explaining their poor service.  I just need to talk to someone at VZW that will listen and respond in a professional manor.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get help with my data transfer issues?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

IF you have reported it and they haven't fixed it means that your local government is preventing VZW from installing a tower nearer to your location to provide coverage.

Why don't you start with your township's government and ask them why they won't let VZW put a tower up to cover you?

0 Likes
Lbuggy

Mr. sprmankalel,

Interesting suggestion except it is not a valid suggestion.  To give you some more insight, my USB modem stays connected to the same tower 99.5% of the time with only one drop each 24 hours which is normal for the VZW tower system and then it immediately reconnects.  My signal strength from the tower is a -69 dBm.  Marginal signals begin in the -90 to -100 dBm range so my signal is line-of-sight to the tower.

Another tower is not need to correct my very slow and erratic data transfer rate.  The problem lies within the VZW network and nobody wants to talk to me about a solution.  I have notified VZW many times of the problem over the years and they always want to say the problem is in my equipment.  I would be more than happy to work with a local technician.  If they prove me wrong I will say no more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties with your service. Maybe we can help you here. Data speeds for cellular networking fluctuate considerably depending on a great number of factors. This can include tower traffic, obstruction, interference, weather, foliage growth, and many, many other things. This is the reason that cellular carriers can not sell packages at certain speeds like cabled internet providers can. While in my office at work, I might get 40Mbps down at one time, while a few hours later I may only get 7Mbps with no change in signal. This is completely normal. What exactly are you experiencing?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes