Re: How to Tether Mifi and have Wifi too
Tech_Addiction

Are you sure?  Do you have data access where you are?  I just verified it again and my Ipod Touch just connected and updated the weather while tethered to my Laptop.  Make sure you followed everything to the letter and make sure you have a data connection.

I also just pulled my email in so it is definitely working.

Message Edited by Tech_Addiction on 08-23-2009 03:00 PM
0 Likes
mike52
yes i do have data access. the computer that the mifi is tethered to gets internet, but anything else connected to it via wifi does not. would anything change if i made the number higher than 1?
0 Likes
Tech_Addiction
Make sure you didn't mess up any of the characters or added any spaces when changing 0 to a 1.  No a 1 or 0 is all you can put tin.  The one and zero is a switch change... they turn features on and off.
0 Likes
mike52

:[

so i tried again, and then when it reset i let it connect to my laptop first and then i plugged it into my desktop. when plugged in i clicked connect in VZ Access Manager and it said "the remote computer did not respond". so i turned off the mifi, then turned it back on and connected with VZ Access Manager and it connected but then when i connected my laptop, my laptop did not get an internet connection. Although it is allowing them both to connect, its not sharing the internet connection. Could i have a bad modem or has verizon decided to close up this hole?

0 Likes
Tech_Addiction
I don't believe you can use both a tethered connection and a wireless connection at the same time.  I think the idea was to be able to charge it while plugged into the PC and still keep an active wireless connection open.  You should be able to connect via wireless from the PC it is tethered to.  This might not be possible if you are connecting it to a desktop without a wireless card or a Laptop without a wireless card.  All of my devices I hook to are wireless so I didn't try to have a tethered internet connection at the same time as a wireless connection. 
0 Likes
mikebob
Thanks for the tip. It worked fine for me.  I have another related problem though.  It seems that the rate of charge depletion when running in wifi mode is greater than the rate of charging.  So it doesn't matter if I am plugged into the laptop or plugged into the wall adapter. the battery will eventually run out, although it takes significantly longer than if running on battery alone.  Is anybody else experienceing anything like this?
0 Likes