How to: Using Broadband Only--access various e-mail addresses & keep company website...
loriknut

I have decided to go full-time on my laptop with Broadband and get rid of my Cox completely. I have e-mail addresses with Cox & also with FastQ who takes care of my website. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to access all these e-mails without going thru webmail? A suggestion was made just to use g-mail, hotmail, etc. Anybody working with this & found a good way? I would like to cancel Cox completely but guess I will have to keep FastQ because of the website. Suggestions? All help appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Incoming mail no problem--outgoing needs to be thru Verizon on broadband?
loriknut
I got a little more information today from both Verizon tech support and my website company. Interesting that all mail comes thru just fine when I use the Mail program on my Mac. Responding to those e-mails, without using webmail, however, seems to be a real problem. The tech at Verizon informed me that they are in the internet business with the broadband--not in the e-mail business. The tech at my website company thought that Verizon should provide an outgoing mail server so that webmail would be unnecessary. He went searching for the Verizon outgoing server, found it, and we tried it. No luck! Comments, help, suggestions would be appreciated. I have a lot of e-mail addresses and don't relish going to webmail for all of them.! Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: How to: Using Broadband Only--access various e-mail addresses & keep company website...
tomedsall
Sorry I don't have an aswer, but a question.  I am considering buying the MiFi 2200.  Are you saying that I cannot send emails through this device?
0 Likes
Re: How to: Using Broadband Only--access various e-mail addresses & keep company website...
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

There is an outgoing email server that should work for you, smtp.vzwmail.net FAQ for SMTP server.

Something else to think about are your Cox email addresses. When you close the account, those email address are also closed.

0 Likes