How to get a 4G signal from down the street
Govman44

I currently have a 3G mifi in my home and a get a decent signal.  I'm thinking about getting a 4G MiFi unit but I don't have a signal for 4G.  When I look at the 4G range map, I see that 4G extended service at the end of my street which is no more than 2 tenths of a mile  Is there a booster that I can get  to recieve the 4G Extended after I purchase a 4GLTE?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get a 4G signal from down the street
Wildman
Legend

Actually there isn't any signal booster that supports Verizon's 3G signal, this includes Verizon's network extender so I would follow Johns suggestion to not step into a 4G device if you know that you do not receive it at your home...  Especially if your 3G MIFI is working fine for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Gov,

There are many booster products that you can purchase through 3rd party companies.  For example the boosters available at Wilson Electronics are on the higher end.  There are also a wide variety of boosters and antennas available at 3gstore.com.  Many people will even make thier own directional antennas with some of the DIY steps on the internet.  VZ even offers a network booster device that works through your cable internet provider but I'm not sure if it is compatible with 4G yet.

That being said, I would resist purchasing a 4G device if you are not even in an extended coverage area.  Boosters and antennas work best when there is already a signal to work with.  I'd advise that you wait for the coverage to improve a little more before taking the leap into 4G territory.  Even if you get a booster to work the drops in 4G due to natural interferance and weak signal may give you a poor experience.

Here is a great site to run you through the basics of antennas and boosters:

http://3gstore.com/page/42_repeater_faq.html

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Actually there isn't any signal booster that supports Verizon's 3G signal, this includes Verizon's network extender so I would follow Johns suggestion to not step into a 4G device if you know that you do not receive it at your home...  Especially if your 3G MIFI is working fine for you.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The Wilson boosters should be compatible with VZW 3G. 4G is clearly not.

For example:

"Compatible with all 2G/3G cellular/PCS technologies (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, EVDO Rev-A, EV-DO, HSPA, TDMA, AMPS/Analog) except N-E-X-T-E-L/I-den, Cricket 3G, and T-Mobile 3G (Cricket/T-Mobile voice ARE supported). 4G WiMAX and LTE are NOT supported. "

http://3gstore.com/product/675_wilson-801245-dual-band-soho-amplifier-repeater.html

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand and that's what I reported, I was agreeing with you original suggestion..

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

If you've been looking at our 4G LTE repeaters Look into the  Cellphone-Mate CM700V Direct Connect 4G Amplifier

You can read more about it here - Click: Read more about Cellphone-Mate CM700V 4G LTE Amplifier

0 Likes