Huawei EC 168 disconnects every12 min. or less!!! Please Help
williamv1999

I have an huawei EC168 usb air card. I had great service before the switch but since i get disconnected all the time like clockwork. The tech support people and manager told me i live in an area with known problems cause i live in an Fringe area. I'm still hitting the alltel tower and not an Verison tower according to them, so why is it I have a problem now. They said i could get all new phones, new numbers, and air card and i would have perfect service then... Well why not now? Nothing has changed but the servcie provider name... I have spent so much time with tech support I'm on a first name basis with them. If anyone out there including someone from verison can help please help me!!!!! I have no other choices for internet... I have the most current version of drivers and everything, and get no error messages on my statistics log. I'm using a brand new HP lap top so thats not it either.... Please HELP!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Huawei EC 168 disconnects every12 min. or less!!! Please Help
t_bone

I have the same problem and have called numerous times for assistance with this problem. All I get is the troubleshooting tips that I know by heart NOW!! I am dissatisfied with the service of this device. I am, on the other hand, satisfied with all the other services I have with VZW.

Hate to say it but I may be looking elsewhere for services if nothing is done real soon about this issue.

T_Bone

0 Likes
TheHandyman

Same problem with new EC168 from Alltel in Feb. Worked fine until Verizon took over and the drops began. (eg. 11 drops in 15 mins while on hold with Customer Service.--How's that for "service"?)  I'm about 2.5 air miles from Verizon tower (which they said was a fringe area???) and signal bounces all over the place from 2% to 100%, then ZERO, but usually 11+.  Many CSU calls and referrals to tech service.  Very cordial and try all the tricks but nothing helps and no one seems to any clue why.  Drops do seem to occur more often after 5 p.m. Eastern. Where are you Verizon?

0 Likes
tygonjinn

I've got just about the same problem. the thing wouldnt work at all for about 4 or 5 days. now it works but signal bounces around like crazy and i can never get a clear connection anymore. its extremely slow!! and they cant tell me its the tower. Im less  than a mile from one.

0 Likes
wabori

Same card, same problem. 

Worked fine under Alltel for several months, was unstable for several weeks during the switch over, then for about 1 month worked better than ever, great speeds, but a few disconnects a day.  The speeds were worth the few disconnects.  Suddenly about 6 weeks ago, the speed slowed to a crawl, the disconnects come every 20 min or sooner.

It is like you describe, the speed crawls then spikes, sometimes stops alltogether. 

My experience with tech, most times I call the problem is resolved mysteriously for a few hours, then back to the same.  I think I have a trouble ticket that has never been closed or else they are fibbing to me because sometimes a tech seems to know nothing of a trouble ticket.  Also, when I call tech, which is every day now, about half the time they try to get me to "upgrade" my equipment. 

I live in rural area with no other option for internet except satallite, which anyone who uses the internet to game knows satallite is not an option.  The wireless card and internet under the Altell service was everything we had ever hoped for and never had.  We were finally in the 21st century with everyone else.  Then the switchover nightmare arg.

This is what I think, if you research Verizon and speed caps on a search engine, you will see that they have a history of limiting their customers.  They have always offered such great things, streaming video etc on their phones, but then limited the speed if a customer overused the feature.  There is also an issue of a mysterious 1.99 charge, but that is another story.

If you read up about the Verizon speed cap, it kind of makes you wonder if us Altell converts are being silently capped.  If so, this is just wrong.  Verizon bought the contracts, agreed to provide the same service while the customer was in the contract & they are not doing this.  If so, they may be looking at another mass lawsuit which is nothing new to them.  But, as long as the Alltel converts are still under their original plan that Verizon bought & agreed to abide by, they should be providing the same service that was offered under the plan---this is exactly why they keep trying to get us off of that equipment that always worked and onto new equipment--doing so would create a new VERIZON plan, & then they could legally cap an control internet usage.  Think about it, & do some research if like me you have no other unlimited internet choices.

0 Likes