I have 2 bars at the window where the GPS antenna is but still have 2 red LEDs. How do you get this thing to work?
Ericuper

As per my question, I have 2 bars with my smartphone at the window and it is the only place I can make calls. So I bought the extender to be able to walk away from the cold windows. I have the antenna in the same exact spot that I make calls from but it won't cannot. Tried to two spots and turning the GPS antenna in different directions. Still nothing. GPS and SYS lights are red. Any input would be greatly appreciated especially since I have gone past the return date trying to figure this out.

0 Likes
Re: I have 2 bars at the window where the GPS antenna is but still have 2 red LEDs. How do you get this thing to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our Network Extender is a great acessory that will help boost signal inside your home Ericuper. Let's get you up and running to avoid standing by the cold windows. Since purchasing the Network Extender, has it ever worked successfully? If so, when was the last time it worked? Do you have it connected to High Speed Internet?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have 2 bars at the window where the GPS antenna is but still have 2 red LEDs. How do you get this thing to work?
Ericuper

No it has not worked yet. It is hooked to high speed cable internet through a router. The power and WAN lights are both blue. I have tried the GPS antenna at two different places and facing two different directions. The SYS and GPS lights stay red or blink red.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ericuper,

We know how inconvenient it can be to place calls only in one location of your home. We want our services to be reilable everywhere. Lets get all the lights to green asap. Which Network Extender make/model do you have?  Is your device registered on the Network Extender? Dial #48 from the device, and listen for a confirmation announcement. Are the lights solid red, slow blinking red, or fast blinking red?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ericuper

No my device is not registered on the Network Extender. Unfortunately the link to the Users Guide leads to a dead page so I have nothing more than a quick start guide.

It is model number A3LSCS-2UAAAA

Sys light is a slow blink.

GPS is solid red.

Power and WAN are solid blue.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ericuper, thanks for the additonal details. We want all your systems lights blue and ready to go. Sorry to hear that the link was not working properly. Lets get this fixed. A solid red GPS signal means the GPS is not detected. If a stable GPS signal is not detected, the GPS antenna cable (mini-coax) should be installed. A slow blinking red system light indications a configuration is in progress http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-network-extender-led/.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
Ericuper

The antenna cable is installed. That is how I was able to try the GPS antenna at two window locations and multiple positions trying to get a signal. And I can hold my phone right next to it and see that the phone gets two bars.

Looking forward to more ways to try to get this thing working.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ericuper We appreciate the efforts you are putting forward. Let’s get this Network Extender working. We will need access to the account which needs to be done in private. Please reach out to us via a Private Message in Facebook or Direct Message via Tweeter. http://vz.to/1iurlIn
DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Ericuper

Facebook or Twitter? That seems quite odd.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ericuper I can understand your hesitance regarding Facebook or Twitter. The reason we make this request is both forums offer private service to protect your information.
DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes