I have a network extender and all is well. But I am changing the modem tonight, do I need to reset the extender or do anything else or just plug it in the new router? thanks
feynmanfan

I have a network extender and all is well. But I am changing the router tonight, do I need to do anything other than plug the extender into the new router? thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a network extender and all is well. But I am changing the modem tonight, do I need to reset the extender or do anything else or just plug it in the new router? thanks
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Chances are all you will have to do is plug in your NE to the new router.  Unless your new router is drastically different the NE should treat this scenario as a power down situation.  When the new router is restored it should already have what it needs to pick itself back up and keep on running.

Let us know if it doesn't work for some reason.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a network extender and all is well. But I am changing the modem tonight, do I need to reset the extender or do anything else or just plug it in the new router? thanks
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Chances are all you will have to do is plug in your NE to the new router.  Unless your new router is drastically different the NE should treat this scenario as a power down situation.  When the new router is restored it should already have what it needs to pick itself back up and keep on running.

Let us know if it doesn't work for some reason.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Yeah you shouldn't have any problems.  May need to Power off n.e.  and let it acquire gps signal again.

0 Likes