I switched from Sprint for THIS???
redneckdiver

Sent:      Fri Jul 20 08:05:39 EDT 2012

To:    << personal information removed >>

Primary Subject: Internet and Data Products

Secondary Subject: Broadband Access

Message Body: My Jetpack 890L is repeatedly dropping out of 4g mode to EVDO, dropping connections, and not reconnecting automatically. This has been going on since Ive had the device and after 2 service calls. In the first call, your tech tried to tell me that I'm not even in a 4g coverage area. The 2nd was much more helpful, acknowledged that I should actually be getting 4g and tried reprogramming the 890L after it showed on his end on not being fully activated. I am on the most current firmware. I am about 0.75 miles from the tower, and my device has a direct line of sight to the tower with no obstructions. I usually have 4 or 5 bars shown for signal strength. This is getting ridiculous. This morning I'm trying to work from home and its dropped connection 4 or 5 times already. Is there no way to open an actual trouble ticket????

Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Chad,

I understand how frustrating it is to continuously lose your connection. My name is Renee and I am here to help.

I have taken a look at your account and notes from the previous representatives with whom you worked. Based on the troubleshooting that has already been done, it will be necessary to submit a trouble ticket to our engineers, which I have done. Your ticket number is   << personal information removed >> It typically takes 2-3 days to fully investigate an resolve and issue like this, although this time may vary based on the nature and complexity of your issue.

Chad, I am confident that we can get this issue resolved for you. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. I hope you have a terrific day.

Since 7/20 - no improvement and no update on   << personal information removed >> and there doesn't seem for me to have any way of looking up the ticket myself.

Based on all the negative feedback on these Jetpacks, is Verizon doing ANYTHING at all on these issues???

0 Likes
Re: I switched from Sprint for THIS???
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Red,

The only way to check in for updates is to call the 1-800 number and speak to a rep in the Technical Support area.  Enter a bogus hardware replacement problem into the automated menu so you can speak to someone.  From there the rep will be able to look up your file and tell you if any progress has been made.  Chances are that if your ticket is sitting with the engineers that there is no progress to report anyways.

If it were me I'd continue checking in every few days for updates.  It's never happened to me but there are several threads where users claim VZW dropped thier tickets without following up with them.

0 Likes