Install Mifi 2200
pollitt75

I hook up the Mifi 2200 with a USB and followed the instructions. VZ access manager. I get downloaded and finish a window pops up saying I need to find driver info for my device. Gives me a choice of online or browse the computer. Im hooking this up for my grandma in the country so I have no internet. The computer finds nothing. She had a different mobile broadband before, I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. How do I make sure everything is removed from the old mobile broadband? What programs am I looking for in the control panel? I am abel to pull up the VZ manager but it detects 0 devices. I unistalled everything in the unistall programs and started again with same results. Keeps telling me I need driver for my device.

0 Likes
Re: Install Mifi 2200
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

pollitt75 wrote:

I hook up the Mifi 2200 with a USB and followed the instructions. VZ access manager. I get downloaded and finish a window pops up saying I need to find driver info for my device. Gives me a choice of online or browse the computer. Im hooking this up for my grandma in the country so I have no internet. The computer finds nothing. She had a different mobile broadband before, I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. How do I make sure everything is removed from the old mobile broadband? What programs am I looking for in the control panel? I am abel to pull up the VZ manager but it detects 0 devices. I unistalled everything in the unistall programs and started again with same results. Keeps telling me I need driver for my device.

My MiFi 2200 appears as a CDROM, with the drivers on it, when it is plugged in to a USB port.

Look at "My Computer" and see if "CD Drive 'E:' Novatel Drivers" appears.  Double-click that.

Double-click DriverInstaller.msi, if it didn't start automaticaly when you open the drive.

Does this computer have WiFi?  If it does, disconnect the MiFi from the USB, and allow Windows to look for Wireless networks.   You should see a "Verizon MIFI2200 3226" as an available wireless network.  That doesn't work if the USB is connected.

The required "password" is on a label on the back of the unit, or under the battery, as the ESN Decimal number.

I use Wireless because it is convenient and I can share, but I also use the USB connection once the battery runs down, so it can charge from the computer.

--

Clarence

0 Likes