Ever since the last firmware upgrade to the HF cantanna, I have been having connection issues. The connection drops every time this error message appears in the cantanna's log: WAN LTE - Detect a PDN event : NW PDN DEACT 3 - state 9 (0). Verizon has not given me any explanation what this message means and why it causes the disconnects. I have tried just about everything I know about TCP/IP network issues to narrow down the root cause because Verizon Support has been worthless. (Their only response has been to replace the cantanna which I knew was not the issue.) Recently, I have tried turning off IPv6 on my laptop which is using an ethernet connection. Amazingly the HF connection stabilized. I have tried turning it back on and almost immediately the HF connection drops with the above mentioned log message. The strange thing is that my other devices are using IPv6 and not causing an issue. I am not sure if it is because they use the WiFi or if it's the application software running on my laptop. As I have told Verizon Support a thousand times, this issue only started after the recent firmware upgrade. I would like to know if there is anything tunable in the cantanna's or router's configuration to workaround this issue so I can re-enable IPv6?
I don't see any steps to disable IPv6 from the HomeFusion User Guide. Disabling IPv6 from your PC may be the best work around at this time.
There are multiple threads about the PDN events on the forums:
Unfortunately I do not see any conclusions or solutions have been determined yet. It seems like there is something flakey with the firmware update process on HomeFusion routers to blame. One user suggested repositioning the cantenna in a better position on your roof but that may require a tech to service it so you don't void your warranty.
I couldn't find any definition for PDN either. Could mean anything.
When various people report that their HF connection is unstable, I don't see anyone post what they find in their system log. I wonder if others see the same errors as I do. It could be a coincidence, but my LTE connection drops when I enable IPv6 on my laptop. It could also be a coincidence that this problem started right after the firmware upgrade. It just seems unlikely.