Is My Jetpack Charging Me For Unwanted Messages?
jakp

I have a Jetpack MiFi 6620L.  I am on an unlimited data plan but I noticed that I am being charged PER MESSAGE for texts that are coming into the device itself.  All are apparently intended for whoever previously had the phone number that is now being assigned to my jetpack. I don't want messages coming into this device and being charged for them anymore.  I have no use for messages on this device as I have a cell phone.  I created a verizon account associated with my wifi device and found an option to "block calls and text messages" but when I click on it I get a message saying that this device is for data only and messaging and calls are not an option anyway.  But I am still being charged for messages that come into the jetpack.  All it takes is for someone to send a text using their cell phone to the phone number assigned to my jetpack and boom, the wifi device automatically receives the text and I get charged again.  How can I stop or block any more messges from coming in?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm being charged for unwanted messages
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact VZW directly via phone, chat or instore rep.  They can modify your account and disable text messaging on your Jetpack for you if the options are not working for you on the VZW website.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact VZW directly via phone, chat or instore rep.  They can modify your account and disable text messaging on your Jetpack for you if the options are not working for you on the VZW website.

0 Likes
jakp

Thanks!

0 Likes