Re: Is anyone else noticed high data usage on their wifi jet pack
jj21

Thank you John Getzke for that info.  I was afraid the timestamp might be some completely unrelated time (based on when info filtered from the tower to VZW).  If it really does refer to the end of a somewhat arbitrary data chunk, that at least puts a bound on when the alleged usage occurred.  In my case, posting of the info is often pretty fast since our MiFi generally stays in our home and our local tower is probably owned by Verizon.

-J

0 Likes
punta
Enthusiast - Level 1

have you heard any more why this is happening?  I am going thru data like crazy, have had to upgrade 3 times in the last week. 

0 Likes
my73dollys
Contributor - Level 1

Beanerwake: I agree that Verizon doesn't think there are enough people

having the problem with high data usage. I still can not use my IPHONE as

it was meant to be used or else it will use up all my data extremely fast.

I would need to leave my JET PACK turned on at all times in order to have

the WIFI on my phone turned on. Then I would use up all my data in a few

days & I would have none left to use when I am on my computer. I guess

Verizon wants us to pay for a JET PACK, ALSO INTERNET AND PHONE. In order

to use my phone internet when I am out, I have to turn data on & that uses

huge amounts of data on your plan. Can't believe that Verizon will not help

us with a solution to the extreme data usage

drexford
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same issue!  It will use 200-400 mb at a time.  We turned off our windows updates and norton live update last night, shut the computer down and then restarted it this morning and only used it once to check email.  While we have been gone, there have been both a 200mb spike and 330mb spike this morning all ready using 1/2 gb worth of data!  This is ridiculous!  We called Verizon and they couldn't answer as to why and just referred us to look at our usage.  We weren't even home and updates were OFF and the computer recently was scanned and there are no viruses either.  If others are having this issue, then it must be Verizon's issue.  They need to rectify it ASAP and reimburse us all for the data that was used!!!

FYI....we have the Jetpack and use our data only on our home desktop pc running windows xp.  We do not have smartphones or anything else in the house that would use a Wifi signal.