Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is changing broadband cards as simple as just putting a new one in and I will be online like normal?
scotty64

Hello.

I have an express card that recently died and I'm in need of a new card to access my broadband when I'm on the road.  I was using a express card to PCMCIA adapter on my laptop because it only has a PCMCIA slot.

I want to get a new card that is only PCMCIA so I no longer have to use the adapter.

Can I simply buy a new PCMCIA broadband card and throw it in the laptop and it will work?  Will the VZ manager software will recognize it and I will be online like normal?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Is changing broadband cards as simple as just putting a new one in and I will be online like nor
Jay-VzW
Yes, it is really that simple.  That said, you may achieve higher speeds using the newer USB cards.  If you don't have a free USB slot, than any of the PCMCIA cards we offer will work for you (Assuming you are using Windows XP or later).
0 Likes