Is the Wii a mobile hotspot?
cfh2002

I'm wondering if the Wii is considered a mobile hotspot because I played Madden 11 online for the past couple of weeks and I don't see it eating up my data usage when I check online.  I know that Verizon does not count using a hotspot towards your data usage so I'm wondering is the Wii a hotspot.

0 Likes
Re: Is the Wii a mobile hotspot?
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello! This is Noah with Verizon Wireless, I hope you are having a great day. I would be happy to address your post today.

The Wii itself is not a mobile hotspot. The Wii would be working off your local area connection in your home. You can see the network that you are connected to in your Wii system menu under Internet connections. It is recommend that you use a home ISP (Internet Services Provider) for your wireless network when playing games online, as games use a significant amount of data.

We at Verizon Wireless offer the 3G Mobile Hotspot feature which provides public wireless broadband network services to mobile visitors through a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN). This feature is used with smartphones, mainly Android devices. When you are using the 3G Mobile hotspot, there is a 2 Gigabyte allowance. You would not want to use that when playing with the Wii device online, as your allowance would be quickly used.

0 Likes