Issues with Verizon JetPack 5510L
jack0916

For some odd reason, whenever I turn on my Verizon JetPack 5510L, it says "invalid battery." This is a Verizon-issued battery.

When I try and attempt a hard reset, it freezes on "MiFi."

Has anyone heard of this issue and how can it be resolved?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with Verizon JetPack 5510L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like there is a hardware defect. 

Contact VZW and have the device, battery or both replaced under the warrant. You could probably take care of this in a store since it is so easily re-creatable too.  If you brought it to a store they could swap the batteries and confirm where the problem is before ordering replacement parts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like there is a hardware defect. 

Contact VZW and have the device, battery or both replaced under the warrant. You could probably take care of this in a store since it is so easily re-creatable too.  If you brought it to a store they could swap the batteries and confirm where the problem is before ordering replacement parts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jack0916,

Let's get to the bottom of this and get your JetPack back up & running!

I researched this and did not find it to be a known reported issue with the device. How long has this been going on? Are you seeing the "invalid battery" error all the time or it is random?

Let's try a soft reset http://vz.to/1cYEx14 and retest. Keep me posted of the issue persist. We may have to replace the device through the warranty. There is no cost for the replacement as long as it's still under warranty and there is no damage to the device.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ekilpatrick

I am having the same issue and have tried a soft reset with no change in the invalid battery message.  Any other advice on how to fix this?  It was purchased in October and I only use it once or twice a week. 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Send it in for warranty repair work.  VZW will send you the replacement part or device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ekilpatrick - I appreciate you taking the tie to try those steps. Our final option to clear any corruptions is a hard reset of the device. Here is a link with detailed instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/71928/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Genenco

I just had it happen tonight. I looked online (Here) for answers and then realized I might have to wait and exchange this. So, just for the heck of it, I powered the unit on, banged it several times while it was powering on (Banged it 4 times one side edge and then flipped it to the other side) and now it works Smiley Happy

No, not the BEST thing to do, but hey, it works!!

0 Likes