JK: This doesn't require a 2 year contract. A customer could activate on a 1-year, or month-to-month
nooppoon

I recently purchased a month of Verizon mobile broadband for my laptop, as it had a Version WWAN card embedded; it worked great and now I'd like to move to a month-to-month plan.

I was looking up the pricing and contract length, and most places on the Verizon website state a 2-year contract is needed for anything beyond the Pre-Paid 30-day plan.

Though the Pricing FAQ, at https://quickaccess.verizonwireless.com/quickaccess/faq.jsp#pricing, states:

Pricing
What Price Options do I have for Mobile Broadband and NationalAccess Service?
Option 1: $59.99 monthly Mobile Broadband Service plan gets you 5 GB of Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband and NationalAccess services. $0.25 per MB after allowance. 2 year contract required. [JK: This doesn't require a 2 year contract. A customer could activate on a 1-year, or month-to-month.]
Option 2: $39.99 monthly Mobile Broadband Service plan gets you 50 MB of Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband and NationalAccess services. $0.25 per MB after allowance. 2 year contract required. [JK: Same as above.]

What does the JK stand for? Is this some employee using JK as in 'Just Kidding,' and stating that via the correct means, you can activate on a 1-year or month-to-month contract? Would JK stand for anything else? Does anyone have any experience with receiving the 250MB or 5GB service month-to-month?

0 Likes
Re: JK: This doesn't require a 2 year contract. A customer could activate on a 1-year, or month-to-m
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

You have your own equipment you can go month to month or purchase at the one year. Getting a card at a discount puts you into a contract. Since you already have you don't need to go into a contract.

To me the [JK:.....] looks like it was notes for someone who was proof reading the site and it was never removed.

0 Likes
Re: JK: This doesn't require a 2 year contract. A customer could activate on a 1-year, or month-to-m
nooppoon

Thanks for the response.

That is what I originally thought, as I read that somewhere in the Lenovo documentation.

When I went to the nearest Verizon store a few months back (1hr away), they stated that I had to enter into a 2-year agreement even though I had my own card. I then went to Verizon online help chat, and they said the same thing.

I'm a little confused as to how I obtain the month-to-month, but now that I have a Verizon FAQ that states it, I may have more success.

0 Likes
nooppoon

Also, for Option 2, the FAQ states 50MB instead of 250M B for $39.99, which must be an error.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can sign a one or two year contract for 5 GB per month at $59.99 or 250 MB per month at $39.99.  Or, you can go without a contract and purchase 75 MB per day for $15, 250 MB per week for $30, or 500 MB per month for $50.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Well you'll have to deal with a sales person to get the service set up and they are going to make more commission off a contract than month to month so that may have been why they were pushing it. But, just like with cell phones, if you purchase it full retail or have your own equipment you can go month to month.

Someone definitely failed at editing the content on that page...Verizon needs to update that!

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

Just Kidding :smileyhappy:

0 Likes