Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Jetback to Router?

We have a house in a remote area that doesn't have internet, our Jetpack works fine out there.  The issue is one of our computers has to go through a switch, the switch is plugged into a router (no WIFI).  We want to move the computer to our house in the remote location.     SO is there a way to hook the Jetpack into a router (maybe via usb for teethering) or another method so we can use the computer that requires the switch?

Re: Jetback to Router?

Sure, there are lots of ways to accomplish what you want, but it will require additional hardware somewhere in the mix since your current router does not have a wireless receiver on it.

The big roadblock is that your Jetpack is primarily a wireless only device.  USB tethering only works on PCs and specially designed routers by 3rd party companies like PepLink and CradlePoint.  What you need is to swap your router with a wireless bridge that happens to have Ethernet cable ports installed.

A simple example of a wireless bridge with Enet cable ports would be the Pepwave Surf On the go:

Final environment would look something like this:

PC === Switch === Pepwave ))) Jetpack ))) VZW/Internetz


=== = Ethernet Cable

))) = WiFi/Wireless

Re: Jetback to Router?
Sr. Member

To add too what John Getzke has said, which Jetpack? If it is the Mifi5510L Jetpack, Wal-Mart sells the Asus RT-AC56R ($110) or RT-AC68R ($199) routers. You can USB tether the 5510L directly to the either one of these routers and then turn off Wi-Fi on the 5510L. These are the only routers that I know of that will successfully USB Tether to the 5510L.

The cheapest option I found is the TP-Link TL-MR3040 (Wal-Mart $40) configured in WISP mode to bridge the Jetpack’s Wi-Fi to Ethernet so you can use an existing network switch or router.

Also, Windows has a feature called Bridge Connections that allows you to bridge Wi-Fi to Ethernet. If you have old computer equipment with Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapters, Windows XP handles the task quite well.