Just got a MIFI.
kellywakeforestfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was shocked to discover over $565 in overager charges.  I do not download music or movies.  I had previous hotspot with Verizon and never had this problem.  I am at a total loss of what to do.  I cannot afford this.  And will have to look elsewhere if not fixed, after being with Verizon over 14 years. Anyone else having this issue??

0 Likes
Re: Just got a MIFI.
Not applicable

If you used the data you will have to pay the overages. You didn't state what you data plan was or what the overages were or what devices you connected to the mi-fi.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Data overages are the number 1 issue with mobile broadband devices.  Take a look around and you will see many instances of users reporting similar problems.

In a nutshell everyone is responsible for watching and managing the data they are consuming on the VZW network.  If VZW investigates and determines that there was not a mistake, that your MiFi actually consumed the data, then you will be held liable to cover the charges.  Terminating will result in paying an Early Termination Fee according to your contract.

Give VZW a call and see if you can sort this out.  Sometimes there are simple billing mistakes and they can be taken care of.  Billing mistakes tend to occur when there is a change to the account such as switching devices or service plans. 

kellywakeforestfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did call they couldn't figure out why was so high.   I have to talk with technical to see if problem the equipment.  Only thing I use with is my laptop and it is off when not using.  Only me at home.   Hopefully will get straightened out.  Just wondered if others had same issue.  I had previous Hotspot for yrs with no problem.

0 Likes