Kindle MiFi Password Connection
cushnoc

Just got Kindle for Christmas. Hooked up enclosed USB cable. Kindle charged up, then asked to connect to Internet. Chose my MiFi device which was already connected via my laptop. Kindle asked for Network Password. I typed in my Verizon Wireless Account PW. It works fine for getting into MY Account. Pressed Connect, but Kindle error message was incorrect, or missing characters---Try Again! Tried several times, but same error. Tried my Billing Password...Nope. Is there supposed to be a different PW for connecting to Internet thru MiFi modem? This shouldn't be that difficult. HELP! Anyone?

cushnoc

0 Likes
Re: Kindle MiFi Password Connection
bonjour
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue w/connectivity to MiFi with my Nook Touch....any ideas?

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

How is the MiFi connected to the PC?

If it is connected to the PC via USB cable, the WiFi side is disabled.

Unplug it from the USB, and make a WiFi connection.

The default WiFi password is on a sticker on the unit.

I have had Windows, Linux, Kindle Fire, Blackberry, iPad, Droid, all attached to the MiFi 2200 via WiFi.

--

Clarence

bonjour
Enthusiast - Level 1

found the solution. needed to download Version 1.1.0 from the Nook Touch (Barnes & Noble) website to the devic

e. Then connection worked like a charm.

cushnoc
0 Likes
cushnoc
0 Likes
cushnoc
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

bonjour wrote:

found the solution. needed to download Version 1.1.0 from the Nook Touch (Barnes & Noble) website to the devic

e. Then connection worked like a charm.

Thanks for sharing the solution.  I have seen a few posts regarding this same problem.

0 Likes
cushnoc
0 Likes