Re: LTE Internet Installed - QoS Settings for VOIP
KL-VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to respond to the private message, but all replies are kicked back as undeliverable.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<forums@verizonwireless.com>

(reason: 550 5.1.1 User Unknown)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried signing into the community forum and navigating to the community inbox and reply to the private message there?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KL-VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, Thanks,

When email responses failed, I got back into the community forum, eventually re-read the last few messages, and found that link.  That seemed to work.

I can do without a home phone, but the wife is beginning to get snarky over the whole "Kevin broke the phone issue".  I happen to have a Linksys router that has QoS settings the average citizen can use.  I may just turn off the wireless radio in the Verizon router, and set it up to pass all local network and VoIP traffic to the Linksys router.  That is a fix I can implement today.  No telling how many more days it will take to figure out how to set-up QoS in the Verizon router.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like a good plan. Let the community members know if that works for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KL-VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Done!

Our LTE Internet Installed system is now running with the Router HBR WiFi radio turned off.  The Cantenna HBA is still plugged into the Internet port, and we have one LAN cable going from a LAN port on the Verizon Router HBR, to the Internet port on a Linksys AC1750 router.  The VoIP device is plugged into one of the Linksys LAN ports.  The Verizon router HBR is still 192.168.1.1, the Linksys router was changed to 192.168.2.1.  All wireless devices now connect to the WiFi network created by the Linksys router.

The best part is QoS settings in the Linksys router were drag and drop simple.  All I had to do is drag the VoIP device to a box under "High Priority".  Everything else stays under "Normal Priority".

Done.  VoIP voice quality is much better on both ends of a conversation.

Unfortunately we still have issues with the LTE Internet Installed system.  I've run speed test on several occasions and keep getting numbers that are all over the place.  This is just a sample:

2018-0324-10:00pm - 0.72 Mbps Download 2.36 Mbps Upload ping 72ms

2018-0324-10:19pm - 2.04 Mbps Download 3.04 Mbps Upload ping 72ms

2018-0324-10:21pm - 1.85 Mbps Download 2.58 Mbps Upload ping 72ms

2018-0325-11:30am - 0.35 Mbps Download 2.50 Mbps Upload ping 588ms

2018-0325-12:00noon - 0.50 Mbps Download 2.58 Mbps Upload ping 38ms

2018-0325-12:30pm - 0.58 Mbps Download 0.97 Mbps Upload ping 490ms

I am working with Verizon to try and figure out what this means.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great to hear that VoIP is working, Kevin. We want to make sure that you are getting the best speed possible. I'd like to look further into this and I've sent a private message. Please let me know if you are unable to respond to my private message. 

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KL-VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is very sad that nobody ever answered the original question here.  I eventually figured it out myself.  The original question was  The two sets of rules are labeled "QoS Input" and "QoS Output".  Can anyone tell me which set of rules applies to "UPLOAD"?

And the answer is: QoS Output rules are for outgoing traffic being uploaded to the www.  So for problems such as people not being able to clearly hear what we are saying over VoIP, create a new QoS Output Rule under Broadband Connection (LTE) Rules.

0 Likes