MHS291L
Froido
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an MHS291L Jetpack that is working well; I need a new battery for it and have one on order, but the batteries seem to be somewhat scarce.  If I have to buy a new Jetpack soon, would a MiFI 5510 work as well as my current one?  I have connections to my MHS291L filtered by MAC address; will the MIFi 5510 also filter by MAC address?  Or would some other Jetpack be better?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MHS291L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> If I have to buy a new Jetpack soon, would a MiFI 5510 work as well as my current one?

Only way to know for sure is to get one and test it out.  But yes, it should work as well as the current one.

> will the MIFi 5510 also filter by MAC address?

Yes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Froido, these are great questions that you bring up today. The MiFi 5510 is a great device. I think you will love it like you do the MHS291L. There would be an Admin page that you can always set up the filters for the MAC addresses on the new MiFi device as well.  I'm hoping this was helpful information. .

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> If I have to buy a new Jetpack soon, would a MiFI 5510 work as well as my current one?

Only way to know for sure is to get one and test it out.  But yes, it should work as well as the current one.

> will the MIFi 5510 also filter by MAC address?

Yes.

0 Likes
FLABeachcomber

Why would you want to go backwards, getting a 5510 instead of the MHS291L, which does not operate on the newer less crowded 1700Mhz/AWS frequencies? Also the MHS291L supposedly last 3x longer on battery life.

0 Likes