MIFI 3G has to be unplugged from power and plugged back in regularly
Delacombo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my MIFI 3G version, for a few years now.  I really don't have any complaints with it and have had great internet experience for the entire service.  HOWEVER, I have noticed in the last 6 months (maybe more?) that I have had to unplug the power from the card and then plug back in, to reset it.  It loses connection or goes "stale" every other day or something close (I haven't kept track, but it's regularly).

Is this a setting? Or if too many devices try to connect at one time, could that "kill it" where it needs reset?  

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 3G has to be unplugged from power and plugged back in regularly
Not applicable

I can personally attest to the device performing in this manner.  Basically, after the device is not used for a long period of time, it will create a dormant data connection.  To re-establish the network connections, it has to be "woken up."  After it wakes up, data connections are active again.  If you have VZ Access Manager, you can also go to options>activation and this will update your MiFi to the network. Power cycling once in awhile never hurts either. 

Let us know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 3G has to be unplugged from power and plugged back in regularly
jasee

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.  I figured as much but wanted to make sure there wasn't some setting I didn't know about.  

So the setting for "activation" is kinda the same as unplugging and plugging back in the power source?

I can appreciate this cycling need, but would be nice if there was another way for it to "wake" such as a device trying to access it, or etc.

Jason

PS - apparently I have another login and didn't know it.  This is Delacombo.

0 Likes