MIFI 4510l Firmware Update - Computer Does not Detect
sirdirk9

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the Mifi 4510l and just received the firmware update screen whenever I open a brower. I tried to connect my usb but it will not detect the device. I went to the Verizon store and purchase a new cable and it still doesn't detect my Wifi until. This is after downloading firmware on my PC. What is going on since I am tired of having to manually connect with my Ipod while traveling. The firmware update request does not allow automatic connection since it is bringing up the mifi.admin screen an waiting for user interaction.. Any ideas?

Jason

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MIFI 4510l Firmware Update - Computer Does not Detect
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

sirdirk9 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the Mifi 4510l and just received the firmware update screen whenever I open a brower. I tried to connect my usb but it will not detect the device. I went to the Verizon store and purchase a new cable and it still doesn't detect my Wifi until. This is after downloading firmware on my PC. What is going on since I am tired of having to manually connect with my Ipod while traveling. The firmware update request does not allow automatic connection since it is bringing up the mifi.admin screen an waiting for user interaction.. Any ideas?

Jason

Hello,

The firmware update will not complete unless the drivers are successfully installed and available.  Check your Device Manager when you have the MiFi connected and look for any uninstalled devices.  Make sure you are connecting the MiFi directly into your computer with the USB cable when prompted, do not use a dongle or adapter as it will interfere with the connection.

Once your drivers are installed and available in the Device Manager then your firmware update will allow you to continue and complete the installation.  If your drivers were successful then Device Manager will list a "Novatel Wireless Network Adapter" under your Network Adapter and Modems section.  Otherwise pick a new USB port on your computer and try to run the installation again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sirdirk9

Any ideas? Not charging problem, a synching issue.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

sirdirk9 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Jason

Hello,

The firmware update will not complete unless the drivers are successfully installed and available.  Check your Device Manager when you have the MiFi connected and look for any uninstalled devices.  Make sure you are connecting the MiFi directly into your computer with the USB cable when prompted, do not use a dongle or adapter as it will interfere with the connection.

Once your drivers are installed and available in the Device Manager then your firmware update will allow you to continue and complete the installation.  If your drivers were successful then Device Manager will list a "Novatel Wireless Network Adapter" under your Network Adapter and Modems section.  Otherwise pick a new USB port on your computer and try to run the installation again.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you John_Getzke!

Hello sirdirk9,

I hope your Mifi is up and running.  If you are still having opportunities with the detection please advise me so I may further assist.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
Mpkr

I'm having the same issue as this user, and your suggestions did not resolve the issue. I installed the updates on the computer, and when I click to install the updates on the device, I get the message-- No devices were found. Please insert device and try again.The problem is the device is not detected so it is impossible to update the drivers. I am using the original cable to plug it into the computer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Mpkr wrote:

I'm having the same issue as this user, and your suggestions did not resolve the issue. I installed the updates on the computer, and when I click to install the updates on the device, I get the message-- No devices were found. Please insert device and try again.The problem is the device is not detected so it is impossible to update the drivers. I am using the original cable to plug it into the computer.

Hello,

Here are some simple suggestions:

1. Check Device Manager to see if the MiFi is being detected

2. Try a different USB port

3. Try a different computer

4. Bring it into a Verizon store so they can perform the update

If your MiFi is not showing up in Device Manager then your firmware update will not be successful.  A successfully connected MiFi will display as a "Novatel 4G" device under the Modems and Network Adapters section under Device Manager.  You need to play with Device Manager, your USB cord and your USB ports until everything is properly registered.

0 Likes