MIFI Cancel Plan
yotakubota

I have the MIFI the older one no contract on month to month had for few years, what are the procedures for cancelling service? I see no where to email VZ anymore and Chat is always full. I use it for home net cause of location but I believe I will switch over to Satellite from DISH. Info from anyone on this? For what I pay VZ for 4 GB I can receive 10Gb/10Gb off peak. No other options due to location.

0 Likes
Re: MIFI Cancel Plan
Not applicable

You have to call Verizon customer service to cancel.  *611

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It makes me sad that you're looking to cancel your MiFi with us, yotakubota. The MiFi is a fantastic way to bring your home internet service wherever you go. I bring mine on long trips, and I can't do that with satellite. If you still want to cancel, we do need to speak with you by phone. We're here for you seven days a week from 6am-11pm at 800-922-0204, or if you have a Verizon Wireless cell phone you can dial *611.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
blht

If your so sad then fix the issues, I know its off topic but here goes.  I have had mine for over a year now and it has not worked right ever.  They have sent me three devices and countless hours with tech reps and still has the same issues.  Bad connects, keeps dropping out, totally unreliable.  I spent over 1 hour on the phone last night trying to fix and they told me they will open a ticket that will take about two weeks and they will call back.  In the mean time I am paying for a service I can not use.  All the rep can do is tell you to take the batt. out push the reset button, and hope for the best.  I have made a complaint with FTC and will wait and see what that does.  I wish it worked right because I like the concept.  But if it don't work, it is all for not.  If you claim to have the most reliable network, then you better back it up.  There are hundreds of people complaining about the same thing with this device, don't beleve me, then just search mifi disconnect issues, 78,400 hits.  That's sad!

0 Likes
rosevines

Thanks for the answer. Of course, you can't dial *611 from a MiFi, so I assume you have to find the full customer service number to make the call and cancel.

It does Verizon no credit that it makes it impossible to find out how to cancel a plan. The only information about this on the Verizon site is in the community forum. I'm really very happy with Verizon generally, but hiding cancellation information is a low practice I despise.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There is nothing to hide.  The cancelation proceedure is no different then trying to do anything else with VZW.

All you have to do is call customer support at 1-800-922-0204.  Make sure you have the phone number for the MiFi ready before you call as it will need to be entered to proceed.  The MiFi phone number will be on your bill or can be looked up from the MiFi admin website hosted on the device. 

Work your way through the menus and speak to a rep to cancel your service.  Any rep will be able to explain any additional fees or situations that need to be taken care of before the cancellation can complete.

0 Likes
rosevines

That's a simple enough procedure, so why aren't the details available anywhere on your site? I searched multiple times using the word "cancel" and all I could come up with was ways to cancel an iPad or Android plan from those devices. Verizon should make this information more prominent, so its customers don't have to waste time digging for the information.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

"available on your site?"

I do not work for VZW.  I am a user like you who posts on the Verizon User-To-User forum.  Verizon support reps have a VZW logo next to their name.

If you wanted to find information about something that was not posted online then why didn't you just call VZW and ask them in the first place?  You also could have called your local VZW store and spoken to any rep or stopped in for assistance.  I'm not sure what paperwork they give you for prepaid devices but I'm sure there was a disclaimer or piece of information that details the cancellation process too.  The chat agents would also have been able to answer your questions and assist you if you waited around for them.  

Bottom line, you would have needed to contact VZW to cancel your service anyway's.  Its not possible to submit a form and complete the cancelation on your own.  Posting something online that instructs you to contact VZW support seems a little repetitive to me, I don't see the point of that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contact information for customer service is also on your bill. It is also likely in the paperwork/receipt you got with the device. The "Get In Touch" link under the "Contact Us" link on the main Verizon Wireless website lists the self service options, the phone numbers for both postpaid and prepaid accounts including the 1-800 numbers, the chat option and the mailing addresses.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes