MIFI connection not working for one computer
dsmbucky

We have a new MIFI and not having problems with most  computers.  Just one  xp.  Tried two different wireless cards and no luck.   We have a different xp computer that is working fine.  this one will not accept the password.  Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
MIFI connection not working for one computer
dsmbucky

I believe I have found the problem. The wireless card can not handle WPA encryption. I am trying to install a different card that will. I would rather do that then have to go down to WEP.

0 Likes
Re: MIFI connection not working for one computer
ldhfcrew

Don't think your device is the problem.  Mine has been down since yesterday afternoon.  According to support, there is a problem with the 4G devices connecting to the 3G network.  Each minute it doesn't work, frustrates me even more.  Thankfully we can connect on our iPhones...still think they need to credit everyone for the service that we've been without...

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

(DSMBucky),

Incompatible Wireless Adapters can be responsible for the problem that you shared with us.  Id bet your new wireless card will resolve the issue.

If your new wireless card does not help then try updating the service pack on your XP computer.  Make sure it is atleast SP2 so that it can understand WPA keys, the lower versions of XP only allow WEP passwords.

(ldhfcrew),

The 4G connection issues are only on the network side.  They should not effect your devices ability to connect to the MiFi (the OP's problem), only your MiFi's abiliity to connect to the Verizon network.  If you notice any contiuing trends then please let us know.

0 Likes
dsmbucky

The new card worked wonders. We are now able to connect that computer! Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes