MIFI plugged in yet flashing red, shutting off
lesliejoward

I have a MIFI 2200 that I always use plugged into the wall.  The light on top that should be green, unless the battery needs charged, keeps turning amber colored, then red, then back to green, etc. Sometimes it shuts off. It is always plugged in so the battery should not need charged. What is going on with this?

0 Likes
Re: MIFI plugged in yet flashing red, shutting off
budone
Legend

What does the instruction booklet say???

Blinking red the battery is critically low

Blinking amber a MiFi Error.

MiFi Manual

0 Likes
lesliejoward

The instruction booklet says it's the battery. I could understand that if it wasn't plugged into the wall. I didn't find any other explanation. I am a "instruction booklet reader".  :smileyhappy:  I'll check again. I think it is just messed up.  It's been both red and amber since I plugged it in. I know the battery was not low - it's always plugged in when I use it. 

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

lesliejoward wrote:

The instruction booklet says it's the battery. I could understand that if it wasn't plugged into the wall. I didn't find any other explanation. I am a "instruction booklet reader".  :smileyhappy:  I'll check again. I think it is just messed up.  It's been both red and amber since I plugged it in. I know the battery was not low - it's always plugged in when I use it. 

If the battery is actually shorted the device won't work even if plugged in. Have you tried it with the battery removed?

0 Likes