Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
MIFIA 4510L - Can I Connect to computer w/o wireless?
jbartleman

"I recently purchased a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi™ 4510L. My computer does not have a wireless card, can I connect it directly to my computer through a USB port?"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: MIFIA 4510L - Can I Connect to computer w/o wireless?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

No,

The MiFi 4510L is a wireless only device.  The drivers have not been released for any OS which would allow for a true teathered/USB connection.  There are some exceptions that allow for the MiFi to broadcast and charge when USB connected, but the actual internet connection is still over the wireless.

A wireless card is a requirement with this device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

No,

The MiFi 4510L is a wireless only device.  The drivers have not been released for any OS which would allow for a true teathered/USB connection.  There are some exceptions that allow for the MiFi to broadcast and charge when USB connected, but the actual internet connection is still over the wireless.

A wireless card is a requirement with this device.

0 Likes
jbartleman

John,  That is what I thought; thank you for the quick response.

Jim

0 Likes
mdpearo
I have a USB broadband device, Pantech UML290. I am wanting the MIFi 4510. Would be interested in trading devices if the USB device is what you are wanting.
0 Likes
BeakerChi

Another $25-$50 for me to spend.  Just to hook this thing up to my PC.  I told the rep all I want to do is get rid of my DSL provider and he said all I had to do was hook up the 4510 to my PC and it is all set.  These reps in the stores need more training I guess.

0 Likes
espywvz

Had the same conection problem with my wide's desktop computer tower. I solved it by getting a Wireless USB Adapter from Radio Shack. The lower level one was about $30 and works fine. I'm assuming your computer has a USB 2.0 port.