Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
MOBILE broadband -how
PATTYWOLFE

how can you boost reception quality and/or speed. New pc new to mobile broadband.  when trying to download movie from netflix.  always disconnects after taking forever for buffering..  Will be able to watch movie for 2 minutes. then get message thaat internet connection is slowing, need to adjust, then it goes back to buffering which takes 20 minutes, then starts movie, watch for 2 minutes, then same message that connection is slowing, ......

even when visiting a regular internet site it sometimes is very slow.  I do live in a remove area of Duncansville PA not sure if this is a coverage issue or if there is something i can buy to boost reception 

0 Likes
Re: MOBILE broadband -how
darkip

I also live in a remote area too. I have a Yagi antenna and a Wilson Electronics 3 watt booster. The antenna Poles can be bought at lowes or Homedepot ( look where the Fence supplies are- the poles will fit together) all together my antenna pole is 56 foot tall. If you already get a signal a wilson booster and an outside antenna should work fine no need for a tall antenna pole.

goodluck.

0 Likes
Re: MOBILE broadband -how
moates
Contributor

I have provided some general information below that may help.

Speeds are going to be dependent on signal strength and type of signal (1X or EVDO). I would recommend the following to obtain the best possible signal for your location.

1.      Check the signal strength. I have provided the instructions below:
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=15924

2.      Try relocating the device (something in the immediate area may be hindering its signal).

3.      Try rebooting / restarting the device.

4.      Try completing an activation. Instructions below:
-Open VZ Access manager

-Select the Options tab at the top
-Select Activation

0 Likes