Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Manually Updating my coverage area
jammindog

Hi, I just updated my vzaccess successfully, but once I start running it, it reminds me that a area coverage update is available. Every time I tell it to update, it always comes back update failed. I notice that the connection constantly switches from 1x to Mobil Broadband (EV-Rev A). When it's on 1X, its slower than molasses in January. We have 3 Droid 2's and my DroidX and 95% of the time we pull in 3G, why wont the mifi update and stay connected to the high speed?  It has been forever since I was able to successfully update the Area Coverage. I know for a while Verizon pushed through a hybrid PRL that I think made it connect to a Alltel tower or something. But 6 month later or so they said it was OK to go through the activation process that everything is hybrid. After several attempts, I was able to get it to update. But that was like a year ago. Is there someway I can manually update the PRL or coverage area manually. I live in Wyocena, WI if that will help me get the right PRL. Thanks, Jammindog

0 Likes