MiFi 2200 Questions
draye

1)  VZAccess Manager 7.3.11.1 (newest update) won't show realtime statistics when MiFi 2200 is hooked up as WiFi, it does when hooked up as WWAN.  Previous versions DID show realtime statistics when connected as WiFi.  Why not anymore?

2)  MiFi 2200, when left on and plugged into AC adapter, it loses connection to internet overnite.  Every morning i need to unplug it, turn it off for 30-60 sec, and reconnect it.  Why?  I have reset power saving to always on to no avail.

3)  Connections speeds vary widely (or it has no connection at all).  I have tried moving it to several different locations with less than optimum results.  When i do find a 'good' location, the next day that 'good' location may or may not be any 'good'  Why?  I have reset channel to 2, several other wireless networks in range use 6 and 11, not sure this makes any difference.

Any help here would be appriciated...thx

Configuration:  MiFi 2200 with Cisco Linksys WUSB100 Wireless adapter

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200 Questions
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

draye wrote:

1)  VZAccess Manager 7.3.11.1 (newest update) won't show realtime statistics when MiFi 2200 is hooked up as WiFi, it does when hooked up as WWAN.  Previous versions DID show realtime statistics when connected as WiFi.  Why not anymore?

Go to Options>Preferences and verify that the WIFI settings are correct making sure to check the "Connection" and WWAN preferences.  The WIFI connection should also show in the "Networks".  If not, then you should be able to log into the MIFI admin. page through your internet browser, I believe the address is 192.168.1.1.

2)  MiFi 2200, when left on and plugged into AC adapter, it loses connection to internet overnite.  Every morning i need to unplug it, turn it off for 30-60 sec, and reconnect it.  Why?  I have reset power saving to always on to no avail.

The connection is cut from VZ, due to the fair usage act.  Besides if you aren't actively using it,  there's no reason to use space on the tower that could serve someone who is at that time.  It could also be considered a courteousy thing to disconnect when not in use, if the tower is crowded with connections other users speeds, etc. suffer, you never know you may be on the other end of the scenario one day and would appreciate that from another.

3)  Connections speeds vary widely (or it has no connection at all).  I have tried moving it to several different locations with less than optimum results.  When i do find a 'good' location, the next day that 'good' location may or may not be any 'good'  Why?  I have reset channel to 2, several other wireless networks in range use 6 and 11, not sure this makes any difference.

a. Do a speedtest from speedtest.net or similar and post some actual numbers for the download/upload/ping.  Do this multiple times during the day and note the time of day.  As the speeds (if slow) may be an overcrowding issue, with the blackberry, droid, etc. devices having unlimited usage on the same 3G connection, this may be one cause.

b. Open VZAccess Manager, hold ctrl and press d, password is diagvzw.  Click on Field test and view the red text first.  This is your active connection.  Look at the PN and the channel.  If there are multiples in these, you may have an issue where there are two towers your device tries to connect to.  Check the I/O and if the number is higher than 8 then you have interference problems with the wireless signal.

0 Likes